January and the new decade has come in like a lamb. I know that's a March metaphor, but I'm always expecting January in the form of a monstrous lion's jaw aimed at my face. That is not the case this year. I have even been so bold as to think resolutions, which I generally think of as the loser's path to disappointment and destruction.
But hey, it's a new decade and for me, I think, the last full decade. I don't expect to live to 2030. My resolutions are :
1. Write daily. Work on the novel , but also write about family.
2. Exercise daily
3. Eat more and more vegetables
4. Clean up after myself.
5. Love Tom.
6. Go outside every day, no matter what the weather. Walk out to the lake and around. Listen to birds.
7. Read the complete Old Testament. Read, read, read.
8. Enjoy new and old friends.
9. Make a collage. I keep thinking I will, but then I don't. This year I will.
10. Practice Ms. Pac Man on the Wii. Make Ed wait for his turn.
It's a small list. It's taken me forever to learn that getting up and starting again is not failure. It's life.