Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Buddy Holly look

The best part of seeing AVATAR last night was the cool 3D glasses that I brought home with me. They're so much better than the old folded plastic ones we used to get. These actually have frames. Of course, they charged us an extra $2.50 a piece. Believe me, these didn't cost anywhere near two and a half bucks to make, but hey, this is America, land of the 500% profit.

I'm not a big fantasy lover and didn't really care about seeing AVATAR, but I'm a fool for 3D movies. I'm a big kid in the theater, gawping and exclaiming, "ooh and aaah" while moving my head from side to side to miss those bullets zinging at me.

The movie was thoroughly entertaining and creative, and three hours zipped by. I had to pee the last hour, but didn't want to miss anything.

Change of subject: Tom just yelled at me, because I ate the remainder of his chocolate Rittersport with Hazelnut candy bar. It's 5:30 in the afternoon and I ate it first thing this morning. He hasn't missed it until now? Hasn't he been married to me long enough to know that he can't trust me to save his piece of chocolate when he leaves it sitting out in the open on the kitchen countertop? Hasn't he learned anything at all?

5 comments:

Betty Edit said...

Oooh, I LOVE Rittersport! I stood in the grocery store staring at the Rittersports for a full minute yesterday trying to talk myself out of it. I finally settled on a box of Pepperidge Farm cookies instead, thinking maybe I could just eat one cookie per sitting and be satisfied, rather than eating one square (which means 8 squares) of a Rittersport.

It didn't work. I can eat more cookies than I intended just as easily as I can eat more chocolate than I intended. :o)

I enjoy the picture too. Love the $2.50 glasses.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ann cannon said...

buddy holly never looked so good

dede said...

It's a total conspiracy. First they charge you $2.50 and then they put up big bins in the lobby for you to "recycle" your glasses. So they repackage them and sell them again for $2.50 without having to actually produce them again.
Good for you for bucking the system and taking them home.
Tell Tom to relax and that you'll buy him a new candy bar. That always gets me out of trouble when I eat the kids candy.

Louise Plummer said...

Doddles, I was put off by the recycle bin too. Why not give us our money back?

Betty Edit, yes I find it just as easy to eat a whole bag of Peppridge arm cookies, which is about 400 more calories than a whole Rittersport. Yum.