Sunday, March 21, 2010

Plum House

Every once in awhile a house goes up in a color I love. This dark plum makes me happy. I think it would be great to be a Plummer and live in a plum-colored house. (It's like I'm still in third grade).

We had a grand time at the Cannon wedding last night which was like old home week at the 27th Ward. It was held in the Sky Room at BYU which looks out to mountains from every window, including the one with our old house on it. So it was old home week for Provo as well.
I felt nostalgic and grateful for beloved friends and places. (This prose is sounding like a bad Christmas letter).

I started a new P.D. James novel today. It's a rest from Dostoevsky who'll I'll take up again when I'm done with this one.

On the writing front, I'm outlining my book, because I'm lost, and I'm not writing another scene until I know where it's going. I did some drawing this week. I like playing with my colored pencils and ink. Really, I'm too happy to write. Happiness doesn't make for good writing.

8 comments:

lulu said...

A fabulous color indeed. I love Day Break and it's colorful houses. I love you!

Rachel said...

It is nice to see that finally builders have discovered its okay to give a house some character. We however live in a house that has none. Actually it looks like we live in a garage, since that is all you see.

Jason Merrell said...

I don't think I've ever been to Day Break, but I hear it's lovely. I like that you're too happy to write. Ain't it the truth. Pain and sorrow brings those words a-flowin. "I can't write today," I say, looking out at the perfect spring weather. "I'd rather take a walk down Riverside." On those days, every person on the street is my neighbor. I want to find a way to remember how I feel in those moments. Sometimes I'll take my iPod microphone and talk to myself on the walk.

Jason Merrell said...

One thing I can and DO do when I'm happy. Sing.

Ann said...

And it made our hearts happy to have La Louise with us in the Sky Room.

Loved your happy, happy post.

Lisa said...

I will live in Daybreak some day. I will, I will, I will.

erica spelman said...

Writer's block? Set something on fire (in the book, not in real life - although doing it in real life might eradicate some of that excess happiness of yours, unless you enjoy setting things on fire, which would then bring us back to square one).

erica spelman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.