Wednesday, February 10, 2010

For Ann


5 Things you can do with only a left hand:

1. Play Ravel's Piano Concerto for the Left Hand in D major (Concerto pour la main gauche en re' majeur).
2. Practice toilet hygiene the way Muslim, Hindu and South East Asian People do.
3. Eat like the Europeans with the fork in the left hand.
4. Reach out with that one hand and pray that you can reach others for Jesus.
5. Take a road trip to Left Hand, West Virginia, just up the highway from Looney Road, and have your photo taken with the left hand shaped as West Virginia. Hold your left hand in front of you side ways, palm facing you, thumb pointed up and extend middle finger.


5 comments:

ann cannon said...

Ha and ha and ha hahahahahahahaha ha ha ha ha many hahahahahahahahas!

And also ha!

I love you so muy much, Louise!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kerri said...

I actually DID play that concerto back in the good ol' days of college. I wish I could actually write like you or Ann, though, but I don't think I'd give up my right hand to do it.

Jason Merrell said...

Nice. I'm not sure I get the 'pray you'll reach others for Jesus' bit.

I do get the West Virginia hand.

Nigerians and Ghanans also practice toilet hygiene that way. When I lived in Germany, I'd pick up Fufu with my left hand (as I am left-handed). They would cover their mouths and snigger. Finally one of them explained that I was eating Fufu with my poo poo hand.

Anonymous said...

You know, maybe I didn't follow directions correctly, but when I extended my middle finger I got something *completely* different. Huh.